Wednesday, November 7, 2007

short circuit in phone

no mate...i think there will always be a risk if you turn it on...

short circuit

short circuit may happen when small wires cannot handle or resist the load of the current that passing through it....because of high temperature (heat)

it doesnt really mean that it didnt damage the phone after it was dunked in the water..still short circuit happened...but it didnt damage the phone critically..i mean..if your phone is complex circuit (millions of connection)...the only one that got affected was only a small part of it(maybe 1-5 of connections)..well the connections are combination of series and parallel...but if its parallel...it will still work...because even if one fails other can still do the job...

the reason why you shouldnt turn it is to minimize the damage...you got question just asked..leave your email so that i can email it to you...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

My Blackberry was dropped in water.. I let it dry out, after a day or so it seemed to work, the screen is fine, the sim card fine, the battery fine. Gradually the buttons stopped working. I guess it short circuited the keypad? none of the buttons work and the most depressing part is that everything else still works. Any way to salvage it? would it be feasible or even possible to get the keypad replaced? Any suggestions would be amazing. Had it less than a year and cost me $200.

linnaeus14 said...

well bec, its possible to fix it, but it will cost more, because of the equipment and labor u need to fix micro bits, so its inefficient, there our some laptop or palmtop
shops that can repair it...they are rare..they will just replace your keypad and thats it...you can use it again..
have you tried the warranty?

if nothing works.=(..put it on ebay...theres bunch of guys out there who will buy it cuz they can fix it..